What do birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries have in common? Panic about finding the right gift for your girl takes all the fun out of the occasion and fills it with romantic minefields. By offering advice on what not to buy, Sparkology is here to save the day, your sanity, and possibly your relationship.
Guys, take note and give yourself an easier, happier holiday. Ladies, read on, laugh, and share your worst gifts in the comments
- A kitten. Or a puppy. Or a bunny. Or anything else little, furry and living. You may have been conditioned from birth to know that girls love baby animals, but that is not to say that one of them is a good gift. As lovable as they can be, pets are a drain on your time and finances, one that isn’t for everyone.
- Computer parts. Yes, conventional gift advice says, “Get her something she wouldn’t buy for herself.” No, buying a girl computer parts she never knew she needed is not carrying this advice to its logical conclusion! You’re her lover, not her IT guy. Act like it when you’re buying her a gift.
- A facial or slimming herbal wrap. To you, this gift says, “I know what girls like – trips to the spa!” To her, this gift says, “He thinks I’m fat and ugly – why else would he give me this?” If you want to go the spa route, look for treatments that emphasize the indulgent over the medical.
- Tickets to a monster truck show, a professional wrestling match, or another sporting event. The most selfish gift on the list. Unless she has explicitly expressed interest in the event in question, you’re giving her what you really want and not even thinking about what she might like.
- A vacuum cleaner, an apron, or anything else related to cleaning. She doesn’t like cleaning the house, and you don’t like listening to lectures on gender roles and your expectations of her. Avoid the aggravation by avoiding gifts like these.
Sparkology is a luxury, quality-driven dating website. With its selective criteria and dating concierges, Sparkology ushered in a new era for NYC singles who had previously looked down on the prospects of online dating. For more information, please visit http://www.sparkology.com.
Like this Post? Follow LWB on Twitter, like on Facebook, or grab the RSS feed
GET THE OFFICIAL LIVING WITH BALLS T-SHIRT!!
Want to Advertise? I offer very cheap rates. Contact me here if interested.
Learn more about Living With Balls